Tips for a Cleaner Earth
- Start pitching in. Remember to reduce, re-use and recycle.
- Compost food and yard wastes.
- Buy product brands that use less packaging.
- Buy recycled and reusable as much as possible. Invest in products that last; avoid buying throwaway products such as disposable razors, pens, paper plates, etc.
- In your house: substitue a non-toxic solution of baking soda and vinegar for your basic household cleanser; use boric acid where you would use insecticides.
- Call your state or local representatives to find out how to organize a recycling program for your community.
- Stop wasting at work. Make double-sided copies, circulate documents rather than make individual copies, use coffee mugs instead of styrofoam cups, proofread your documents on screen instead of printing out copies… and use Ecolo-Bags to collect paper for recycling!